Transition Manager General Management
Indicative price: € 1250 - 1375 / day
Jean-Paul is available from the 01-09-2020
Jean-Paul is available for missions Full time, Time sharing, Special mission
Jean-Paul moves to the European level
The expert in a few words....
Transition Manager since 2002, General Management and Development Department.
Proven sector versatility: building materials, glass, flexible food packaging, high technology, metal processing, B2B and B2C activities, printing.
SME, industrial ETI where the shareholder expresses his dissatisfaction with profitability and growth: crisis or turnaround situation.
Growing, mature and declining sectors.
His specific skills
- Interim manager since 2002: objective given within a given timeframe with the mission to set up the teams that will guarantee the continuity of the actions undertaken.
- General management with the mantra of activating the various levers of performance at both the income statement and balance sheet levels: generating profitable turnover, working on costs, productivity, debt and cash management.
- Change Management: setting objectives, supporting teams and individuals, keeping a structural thread, empowering, accepting mistakes and leading teams to performance.
- restructure the company, if necessary implement redundancies without prud'homal risk, optimize resources, AND redirect the company towards growth by meeting customers and prospects.
- Developing companies in their current market and in new markets: registering the growing company: Casterman, Soprofen, IPBS, Dessain are examples of successful business development in highly competitive sectors.
- Mobilisation of the teams around the new project and negotiation with the trade unions in a conflict situation: firm and direct discourse, restructuring without social conflict, new company agreement, contact with employee representative bodies and stakeholders.
Jean-Paul has 35 years of experience
Matériaux de construction
November 2019 - June 2020
Fit In Network
Marseille - France
In the Construction and Metal Transformation sector, mission as Managing Director of a SME company (86 FTEs) in a recovery phase - exit of safeguard plan - , sales stimulation, strengthening of management teams, monitoring and improvement of operating performance, implementation of industrial project, optimization of logistics flows. Situation at the time of taking office: Company under a safeguard plan, difficulties for management in transforming decisions into results, reorganisation and restructuring of the company incomplete two months before the end of the observation period. Decisions: proposal and implementation of the restructuring and redeployment of the company - PLEC, closure of unprofitable sales outlets, commercial project towards new markets, industrial project concentrated on the parent production site - investments, logistical flows, administrative simplification. Results: End of the observation period of the safeguard plan, establishment of a calm and constructive social climate, rationalisation of costs, new developments and investments. Management of the economic crisis linked to the Covid 19 pandemic: cash management, health management, project progress.
January 2018 - March 2019
Châtelineau - Belgium
reorganization of management: new plant and sales management reduction of marketing costs and reorientation towards the development of the network of retailers and manufacturers reorganisation of the sales team for development in areas with greater potential and towards a product range with better margins (Flanders, screen products)
Industrie composants électriques/électroniques
April 2017 - August 2017
Louvain-La-Neuve - Belgium
ai, following the bankruptcy of the company in 2016-17, took over the sales team to ensure the stabilization of the client portfolio in the sectors of railway infrastructure power supply security and medical infrastructure
May 2016 - December 2016
General Management - Managing Director ARGIBAT ROMATO
Liège - Belgium
accompanied the redeployment of 2 companies in financial and commercial difficulties: renegotiation of the debt with banks, public investment, suppliers, shareholders proposed and implemented the redeployment of the 2 companies by going in the field towards the distribution of construction products and towards resellers.
June 2014 - July 2015
Print & Cross-media Sales Development
Malesherbes - France
set up the combined Print and Cross-media product offer (data dematerialization, Data Base Management) developed the company's export business
January 2003 - April 2014
Tournai - Belgium
Company in exit of bankruptcy, direct clientele at 0 € CA, positioned on 2 sectors in decline (directories and dictionaries): I repositioned the company towards new sectors: mail order, supermarkets, hypermarkets, industrial catalogue. (one-stop-shopping offer between print, finishing, routing) Results: from 0 € turnover in direct customers to 25 M € turnover in 5 years with the trophy of the GAZELLES Grandes Entreprises of the magazine TRENDS, (profitable growth) Has positioned the company as REFERENCE on the market in quality and service with KEY ACCOUNT: Club Med, Jet Tours, STAPLES, BRUNEAU, GD, GSB: focus on the manufacturing teams.
October 2009 - May 2013
Rennes - France
company at the end of the safeguard plan with restructuring by a legal administrator not yet completed: renegotiated the leaseholder debt (€2M), generated cash to ensure the company's survival (work on stock, on investment with pay-back period less than 1 year, reorganized the company by collective redundancy (middle management) and implemented a new company agreement (annualization of working time), repositioned the company in growth markets (supermarkets) with new pricing and improved service (short decision circuit).
- 2017 : Management de Transition, IFMT, Module 2
- 2007 : IEMBA, Louvain School of Management
- 1995 : Master in Finance Administration, Cooremans, 1er semestre
- 1990 : CEPAC, Solvay
- 1985 : Administration Entreprises, UCL
- 1984 : Licence en Droit
- Reorganised 2 Belgian subsidiaries of Soprofen Fr (closure of housing). Context: broken trust between parent company and subsidiaries. Has put in place the new organisation, the development of new market segments and products. Restructured the management. Confidence restored
- Intervened on behalf of Sogepa (regional investment aid for companies in difficulty) in two companies: Argibat and Romato. Worked on debt, debt restructuring, negotiation with banks, suppliers, shareholders, implementation of product development.
- Restructured IPBS in Rennes. Company in exit from safeguard plan, conflict context. Renegotiated the leaseholder's debt with a €2 million debt waiver, organised collective redundancies without any labour tribunal risk, repositioned the company with GD. (3Jsem)
- Re-developed Casterman Printing in Tournai (Be). Company coming out of bankruptcy. From 0 € to 25 M € turnover in 5 years. Trophy of the Gazelles Trends Big Company in 2007. Positioned Casterman on new markets, directed investment of 15 M €. Member CODIR.
- Accompanied Casterman Printing towards exit from the sector from 2008 to 2013 (2Jsem). In a declining market (printing), implemented the company's exit from the sector without social conflict with Group Chairman.
- Redeveloped 3 companies in the same sector by proposing a commercial alliance: Casterman, IPBS, Rémy Roto, complementary companies, in export markets: movement towards consolidation of the sector.
- English : fluent
- Operational pragmatism
- Adaptation to teams and environment
Activity areas (4)
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Types of business (4)
- Companies in difficulty
- Family businesses
- Subsidiaries of foreign groups
- Small and medium-sized enterprises