Can blockchain revolutionize the world of recruitment?
Widely used in the financial sector, blockchain could well disrupt the daily life of recruiters as well. This technology is already aiming to transform the recruitment process by guaranteeing the authenticity of resumes. Read the paper to understand how Blockchain could become essential for recruiters in the coming decades!
What is blockchain?
Blockchain is a technology that allows to store and transmit information in a transparent, secure transparent, secure and without a central control body. It resembles a large database that contains the history of all the exchanges made between its users since its creation.
The main characteristic of the blockchain is its decentralized architecture, which means that it is not hosted by a single server but by a part of the users.
This disruptive technology has already revolutionized the world of finance. It should also revolutionize all sectors.
Is blockchain taking over recruitment?
Blockchain promises to solve a recurring concern for HR: the validity of information. Some CVs sometimes embellish reality, so recruiters have to make numerous many time-consuming verifications. time-consuming checks.
64% of recruiters perform at least one type of verification during the recruitment process: requesting and checking the authenticity of diplomas, or calling for professional references.
Thanks to the unalterable digital record the candidate's career path becomes traceable and unforgeable.
The CVs are recorded via the blockchain and the candidate only has to transmit a QR code to the recruiters. A fully digitalized and 100% verified recruitment process.
What are the obstacles?
- The reasons that slow down this deployment are mainly due to a lack of maturity in the use of this technology, which is still an abstract concept and whose return on investment is, at this stage difficult to evaluate for companies.
- The automatic recording of personal data raises questions relating to the protection of privacy. And what about the right to be forgotten, when the blockchain never forgets?
What are its advantages?
- The speed of transactions thanks to the fact that the validation of a block only takes a few seconds to a few minutes.
- The security of the system is ensured by the fact that validation is carried out by a group of different users who do not know each other. This protects against the risk of malicious intent or misappropriation.
- The productivity and efficiency gains generated thanks to the fact that blockchain entrusts the organization of exchanges to a computer protocol.
In your opinion, could the blockchain be applied to other fields in the field of recruitment?
You are not yet a member of FIT in NETWORK®?
THE European network of available skills
👉 Create or update your profile on FIT in NETWORK® https://bit.ly/2ABuiFu
👉 Follow our professional page on LinkedIn: https://bit.ly/2XRcAWs
👉 Become a Premium Expert and get priority on all our opportunities with many other services https://bit.ly/2XYvOt0
Learn why empathy has become an important skill to have in the professional world.
Check out our LinkedIn post